March 4-11, 2024
Join Leslie Jose for 8-days/7 nights
Exploring, Connecting & Manifesting on the powerful and magical island of Maui.
~ Yoga ~ Reiki ~ Meditation ~ Sound Vibration ~ Journaling ~ Adventure ~ Whales ~ Beaches ~ Bliss ~
(Malama Maui message at bottom of page)
Please read all info before filling out registration form.
- Accommodations at a breathtaking organic eco-farm retreat on Maui’s North Shore. (a variety of room choices from your own suite, to shared rooms)
- Chefs whose joy, passion & local knowledge will nourish us with delicious meals filled with culinary history, culture and story
- Meals – morning fruit/coffee/tea/juice/hearty goodies & nourishment – dinner most days. ~Several meals will be on your own so you can investigate and weave into your time the amazingly delicious local restaurants, food trucks, markets, and foodie huts
- Each house has it’s own fridge and kitchen which will have a supply of yummies as well as space for your own snacks & needs
- Daily offering of reiki, yoga, meditation (poolside and in the beautiful Serenity Garden when weather permits)
- A guided sound meditation in “The Waterfall House”
- Topics and discussion for a week of introspective journaling
- Pools, sauna, hot tubs
- Onsite organic tropical farming presentation and tour
- Glorious tropical gardens, pathways and fountains throughout the property
- Ceremony in the Serenity Garden
- Expansive ocean and waterfall views from our doorsteps
- Waterfall trail from the retreat center for access to adventurous dipping when weather permits
- A welcome bag of goodies supplied with Aloha from Leslie, as well as other cultural surprises
- Upcountry Farmer’s Market of local artisans, crafters, flowers, food, music and more
- Presentation by Eve Hogan and journey through Sacred Garden’s labyrinth
- Sharing the experience of being 10,000 feet up on the summit of Haleakalā. The top of Maui ~ sure feels like the top of the world. There is no way to explain the life changing experience of being up there. Just looking at some of the photos from the summit, you can see in our faces that magic manifests.
- Cultural & ceremonial presentation and volunteer time at Kipuka Olowalu.
- Reiki attunements will be offered at numerous sacred sites, beaches and atop Haleakalā (a profoundly powerful experience)
- Opportunity to gain awareness and respect for indigenous history/culture/traditions from locals who are generous with “talking story”
- Behold breathtaking vistas and hold sacred space in some very special spots.
- Thoughtful opportunity to utilized meditation (guided and in silence), journaling, Reiki and sharing in community.
- Exciting opportunity to be manifesting with the magic and power of this land and its mysteries
- Plenty of independent time brings this experience to a place of transformative possibilities on deep layers of our being.
- (some aspects of program & activities could change due to weather or unseen influences)
All adventures, classes, and programs are optional. Do as much or as little as you like to ‘Manifest on Maui’ your highest, best, most outstanding adventure and experience. Our exquisite accommodations by themselves can manifest a magnificent time spent; you might just choose to stay put at Hale Akua.
Make this retreat a perfect match for you by incorporating adventures and activities that nourish the blend that is right for you. Investigating some of these activities could truly make this a trip of a life time. (The below possible added adventures are financed on your own. I have lots of suggestions. Any cost associated with these added adventures is not included in the price of the retreat).
- Adventures to waterfalls, beaches, spectacular vistas along the roadsides and hiking trails beyond what is offered in the program
- Costs associated with driving the infamous Road to Hana & adventure with the many exciting surprises along the way: Kahanu Gardens, Aunty Sandy’s & Keanae Peninsula, lava tube, black sands beach, Waianapanapa State park (reservations needed at WSP), waterfalls, waterfalls, waterfalls….. and more; like Thai food by Pranee ~ OMGosh I’d fly the 5,000 + miles just to have a meal there
- It will still be whale season! -schedule a paddle or snorkel on a Maui shoreline or set up a sunset cruise on your own or with others from the group to experience these majestic creatures can add something very special to an already wondrous time
- There’s numerous opportunity to hit the shops and cultural centers, the lavender farm or perhaps a tour of Maui’s winery
- Hike trails beyond what is offered in the program
- Volunteer opportunities at numerous sites; before, during, or after the retreat.
Cost: Depending on which house and how many are sharing the space; all inclusive cost starts at $2,610 per person(p/p) (3 roomies in an exotic suite with tropical garden paths to an overlook deck of the Pacific Ocean and the 150′ waterfall). All inclusive cost per person scales up from that. (click here to view the options of house/room/cost sheet). First come first choice. Contact me to discuss the options so we can create the best possible coziness for you among these luxurious amenities, gardens and views.
Your $500 deposit secures your spot even if you haven’t chosen your room yet.
What is not included:
- Travel Insurance ~ Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
- Several meals so you can investigate the amazingly delicious local restaurants, food trucks, markets, and foodie huts on your own
- Transportation from/to the airport on arrival and departure days
- Rental car — sharing a rental with other attendees makes this an inexpensive way to roam on your own to town, to the beach, to a vista, to watch the whales, etc. I will be renting a van, so whenever possible we can minimize the number of cars going to certain sites. You will still want your own transportation
- Adventures and activities that are not part of the program that you head off on, incidentals, personal needs, snacks, etc.
- Tips, such as housekeeping and our chefs
Peace of Mind Reiki & Massage
(Pronoun – she/her)
A special message about Maui
~ Malama Maui ~
Many are aware of the recent destructive fires on parts of the island of Maui; in the areas of Kula, Olinda, and the devastation of Lahaina town and neighborhoods on the Westside around Lahaina. Lahaina is the historic seat of the Hawaiian Kingdom. It is a site of significant spiritual and ceremonial importance to the Hawaiian people. The loss of the surrounding neighborhoods is significant. The immediate mobilizing of support and help (kōkua) that came from all reaches of the island and surrounding islands, and then from around the world, is an example of the integrity within all of us to know our kuleana (responsibility) to be of service and aid.
‘Peace of Mind Reiki & Massage’ is listening and connecting with community and mobilizers on Maui. There is a delicate balance between supporting an island which now faces profound economic hardship, and giving space and resources to those who are grieving and rebuilding their lives. Although the physical areas where these fires were are contained to certain areas, the whole island and the Hawaiian Kingdom are deeply affected. Being aware, respectful and supportive to this is one way visitors can walk in pono (respect/balance) during their time on Maui.
It is important that tourism continue to support the economy and wellbeing of Maui’s businesses with respectful and generous visitors. The businesses and residents of Maui need the tourism to sustain livelihood as well as to expand hope and healing. The businesses of Maui ~ the hands and hearts of Maui ~ that mobilized from their stocks and supplies, are now at risk. Without tourism to replenish and finance these efforts, as well as keep their businesses alive, the long term effects could be even more devastating.
There are numerous avenues to offer support: reliable sites to donate, buying on line from local businesses that ship their products, AND… GO to Maui. Respectfully staying away from the areas healing and in the varying stages of restoration.
Peace of Mind Reiki & Massage (Leslie Jose) and Katie O’Connell (Dragonfly Yoga Barn) raised $2,000 through the contributions from events & our local community for families who lost their homes and belongings in the Lahaina fires. I have personally also donated to:
Attention from all of us could support protecting and preserving the land, the native species, restore water rights to the people of Maui, and prevent corporate development as Lahaina is rebuilt.
May the power of our hearts and the strength in the actions we can take support the highest good for the people and ‘āina of Maui.
Individuals and societies coming together to recognize and nurture the needs of all peoples is paramount to shifting the existing imbalances in our global community.
This starts with each of us taking care of ourselves and then acting from a place of strength and compassion for the betterment of all.
The thoughts and intentions shared above, reflect to me the responsibility (kukeana) in creating a retreat that is not only for its participants, but also, one that hightens awareness, honors and educates, and gives back to this island and its people.
Imua Aloha ~ move forward with strength & love
Manifest on Maui Retreat is held on the lush North Shore of Maui, far from where the fires were; and, in March, when the ‘āina (land) has been refreshed by the previous months of morning rains is beautiful time to be on the island.
With deep ALOHA and a powerful, tender awareness of what’s been experienced and what many on the island are facing….. I invite you to join me for a life-changing and life-giving privilege.
~ Please join me for this powerful retreat during an important time for Maui ~
Also offered by Peace of Mind are:
Photo credits: Leslie with moon in hands and Dancer pose by Declan O’Connell. Leslie and Lynne paddling by Lynne Bear. All other photos taken by Leslie Jose